If you’re racing with us at BCBSNC Race 13.1 Durham on Saturday, Dec. 12, we have some important race information listed out below to help ensure you’re ready to go on Race Day!
If you’re not registered yet, we have limited spots remaining, so don’t wait! Click here to get registered for the inaugural, holiday-themed half marathon, 10k and 5k!
Questions? We’re here to help! Contact us with any race questions you have!
All of the information below (and more!) can be found in your athlete guide.
Click here to view the guide!
Race 13.1 Durham Information
- The race is on Saturday, December 12, and will start and finish at North Gate Mall in front of Sears (1058 West Club Blvd., Durham, NC 27701).
Race Day timeline:
6:30-7:30am – Race Day packet pick-up and registration
7:30am– Holiday Kids Fun Run
8:00am – Half Marathon starts
8:15am – 10k & 5k start
10:00am – 10k & 5k awards will be announced
11:00am – Half Marathon awards will be announced
– Thursday, Dec. 10: 4pm-8pm at Omega Sports- New Hope Commons (5426 New Hope Commons Dr, Durham, NC 27707)
– Friday, Dec. 11: 12pm-8pm at Omega Sports- New Hope Commons (5426 New Hope Commons Dr, Durham, NC 27707)
– Saturday, Dec. 12 (Race Day): 6:30am-7:30am in Runners Village near the start/finish area at North Gate Mall (1058 West Club Blvd., Durham, NC 27701)
- Remember that you may pick up a packet on behalf of someone else, but you must be able to present that person’s ID. We will also accept a clear picture of that person’s ID on your smart phone.
- Need to change your race distance? Not a problem! You can change your race distance online until your bib number is emailed to you. Once your bib number has been sent to you, you must change your race distance in person at packet pick-up.
- Post-Race Beer: All runners of legal drinking age will receive two free beers from Boston Beer Co., so remember to bring your ID!
- Course: You can find a course map, turn-by-turn directions and a course video on the Durham Course Maps page.
- Parking: There is a parking deck at Northgate Mall right next to the start/finish area (1058 W Club Blvd, Durham, NC 27701) where runners will be able to park for free on race day. Click here to view a race day parking map.
- Gear Check: There is ample parking in close proximity to the start finish area; as such we will not offer gear check.
- Awards: Awards will be given to male and female overall and age group winners based on chip time. Winners must be present to receive their prize; awards will not be mailed out. For details on age group and overall awards, click here.
- Giveaway: All runners will have the chance to win $1,000 compliments of Yadkin Bank! Click here for more details!
- Share your race day photos with us! Find us on Instagram and Twitter – @race131 – or post to our Facebook page! Be sure to use the hashtag #Race131Durham!
- Runner Safety:
– Health: We encourage you to check with your doctor prior to running any race distance!
– Hydration: Be sure to use all hydration stations along the course and make sure you’re well hydrated in the days leading up to the race!
– Sleep: Be sure you get enough rest in the days leading up to the race!
– Weather: Be sure to check the weather again on race morning to ensure you’re wearing proper attire for that day’s weather
– Food: Proper nutrition and fuel are necessary to ensure a great race! Check out our blog for pre-race nutrition tips!
– Volunteers: We have many wonderful volunteers who will help direct you along the course – please adhere to their direction to ensure safety during the race.